Simple solutions are usually the best ones. Try to find fresh Adriatic prawns and high-quality olive oil and most of the work will have already been done.
Pan-fried Prawns with
Parsley and Garlic
- 100 ml olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons coarse sea salt
- 500 g prawns, shell-on
- freshly ground black pepper and lemon wedges, to serve
- Mix the olive oil, garlic, parsley and salt thoroughly and let the flavours infuse the oil.
- Rinse and drain the prawns well. Preheat a grill pan on medium-high flame until very hot and sear the prawns for 2 minutes on each side. The shells will get charred, but the meat inside won’t. The prawns should look like they were grilled over coals.
- While the prawns are still hot, toss them with the olive oil mixture, making sure that they are coated all over. Let them rest in the oil mixture for a minute before serving.
- Taste, adjust the seasoning if necessary and serve with lemon wedges.
Recipe courtesy of Ana-Marija Bujić,