We could say that this simple spread is the concentrate of the Mediterranean as the olives’ intense flavour will make you think of summer even in the gloomiest part of the year. Its main advantage? It is very simple to make so – if you have all the necessary ingredients on hand – you can whip a batch up in a matter of minutes.
- 100 g green olives
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 salted anchovies
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Olive oil, as needed
- Pit the olives and put them in a blender together with all the remaining ingredients except for the olive oil.
- Pulse for a minute and continue mixing until you get a smooth mixture.
- Add the olive oil little by little, until your tapenade reaches the desired consistency.
Recipe courtesy of Ana-Marija Bujić,